Hi there darlings! This blog is an on going project that will feature SECOND LIFE FASHION in all its variety. I will review and interview products and designers that promote fashion or pertain to the "BODY BEAUTIFUL,” or avatar if you prefer. Content will focus on entertaining copy, photos and a basic approach to formatting. This will give quick and easy access to the content of choice just by scrolling. Comments are appreciated.

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska
Second Life resident,freelance writer,blogger,fashionista,model and fashion photographer.

Helke's Model of the Month is...

Helke's Model of the Month is...
Venus Petrov

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Interview with Seraphena Beck. April Model of the Month.

I met Seraphena when we both where in the cast for a Second Life film. I was immediately impressed with her cooperative, serious approach to the film and to her exotic dusky looks. I made a point of getting to know her better and eventually asked her to model designer clothing for Helke’s Reviews and Interviews. Join me and listen in to Seraphena as she discusses the film, acting, fashion, modeling and all things Second Life.
.







Helke: I am thrilled to have the honor of meeting you today!
Sera: Thank you for the opportunity Helke
Helke: What have you been up to lately Sera, any projects?
Sera: Not at the moment, no.
Helke: I think you are being modest. I had heard you where doing a film.
Sera: The film project was called "The Plan" and the director was Caleigh Rayna, I really liked the movie making idea. That is definitely a possibility in the future. However, due to casting difficulties, it was cancelled. More and more of the cast were unable to attend the meetings and rehearsals, so rather than continuing to sink money into the project, the backer decided to pull the funding. It was an interesting experience to say the least. The concept of actually making a movie was exciting. I did wonder how it would work, with Second Life being what it is. We all had log and crash issues, so it was a slow start, that more than anything eventually frustrated everyone. Helke: I can certainly see that as an issue. Is there a significant other in your Second Life at the moment?
Sera: There is no one at the moment. I have been shopping, clubbing and hanging out with friends. I spend most of my time trying to break into acting and modeling.
Helke: Tell me about yourself. What do you enjoy doing in Second Life? Sera: I love to have fun. That is why I am here. I like to be with my friends as often as I can, we all have a great time, no matter what we do. I enjoy going to clubs, dancing, and of course, there is shopping.
Helke: Any favorite stores?
Sera: Last call was one of my favorites. Sadly, it is gone now.
Helke: Favorite clubs?
Sera: Obsidian Desires, owned by Arwyn Lykin and Brin Runo. The owners are Australian, so they play some stuff I have never even heard of. It is a mix of everything.
Helke: Where do you see yourself long term in Second Life?
Sera: I would like to get more involved in modeling and film. Whatever I do, my goal is to have fun at it. I feel Second Life should be a place for fun, not something you have to worry and stress about and deal with all sorts of drama. There is enough of that in real life.
Helke: Short-term goals?
Sera: Short term, I am trying to earn enough to pay rent.
Helke: What do you see as your greatest strengths?
Sera: I would have to say that, on a professional level, my greatest strength is my dedication. I like to see a project through to the end.
Helke: What motivates you?
Sera: I enjoy new experiences. There is so much to do in SL, and I want to try as much of it as I can, from dancing and modeling, to building.
Helke: If you could change something about your second life, what would it be?
Sera: I am happy with my second life. One could always use more lindens though, lots of shopping to do.
Helke: What do you think it takes to be successful as a model and actress?
Sera: Flexibility and patience. Patience and persistence are of utmost importance.
Helke: Tell me about the best modeling job you ever had.
Sera: That would be the very first one, before I had even decided to become a model. A friend asked if I would mind doing a runway show. I showed up, got all these clothes and walked down the runway, did my turns and it was great!
Helke: And the worst? Sera: It was an in store modeling job, it was not bad really, just a little boring.
Helke: How well do you work under pressure?
Sera: I prefer to be under pressure. There is no chance to procrastinate, it has to be done. I tend to be the type of person who wants to get things done.
Helke: How would a former colleague or co-worker describe you?
Sera: They would describe me as helpful, trustworthy and friendly.
Helke: Do you prefer working with others or by yourself?
Sera: I have no problem doing either. I work with others just fine. Sometimes I like to do things myself and get it done.
Helke: Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?
Sera: Depends on the situation. I can follow, but I have no problem stepping into a leadership role either if it is necessary.
Helke: What do you see in the stores that you think is fabulous?
Sera: I have been leaning more towards pants, things that are subtly sexy. I really like Gothicatz and UK couture
Helke: Who does your hair, skin and eyes?
Sera: Bewitched, Naughty and Wild Lilies.
Helke: How many looks can you put together, redhead, blonde, brunette, any ethnic looks?
Sera: I can do all of the above and Asian, Arabian, and Goth.
Helke: Which magazines do you read?
Sera: When I get a chance, I read Cosmo and Glamour.
Helke: What Second Life Magazines do you read?
Sera: I think Homme is the only one I have read here.
Helke: If you had a choice of all designers, modeling agencies or magazines in Second Life, who would you prefer to work with.
Sera: I do not really have one in particular in mind. I want to work with someone who has the same ideals and goals as me, someone who knows how to work and get things done, but have a good time doing it.
Helke: Any dream projects you would like to accomplish in Second Life?
Sera: I would love to build a house.
Helke: In closing, what would you like people to know about you?

Sera: That I am very approachable. I play well with others and am easy to get along with. I am always up for a new experience or opportunity.
Helke: Anything you would like to say to our readers?
Sera: I would like to thank you Helke, for the chance to work with you and for this amazing experience.
Helke: This is the end of our formal interview, I want to thank you for taking the time to meet and share with Helke’s Reviews and Interviews. You are lovely as well as a pleasure to work with.
Sera: I am happy to be here.
Helke: Ciao darling, best of luck for the future.

No comments: