Hi there darlings! This blog is an on going project that will feature SECOND LIFE FASHION in all its variety. I will review and interview products and designers that promote fashion or pertain to the "BODY BEAUTIFUL,” or avatar if you prefer. Content will focus on entertaining copy, photos and a basic approach to formatting. This will give quick and easy access to the content of choice just by scrolling. Comments are appreciated.

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska
Second Life resident,freelance writer,blogger,fashionista,model and fashion photographer.

Helke's Model of the Month is...

Helke's Model of the Month is...
Venus Petrov

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Interview:Leah McCullough, HRI March Model of the Month

Leah was selected as the original model of the month for a magazine that I wrote for when I transitioned to this fashion blog. She is a hard working and fun loving Latina girl and easy to work with in the studio. We had a great time. So join me now as I chat with Leah about a little bit of everything.


Helke: I am thrilled to have the honor of meeting you today. Welcome to Helke’s Reviews and Interviews at http://helkeduettmann.blogspot.com
Leah: Thank for this opportunity.
Helke: Tell me about some of your projects.
Leah: I am extremely interested in fashion and apart from modeling I am a designer... So with one of my best friends we are about to open a store... We are excited about it! I think it would be a great addition to the SL fashion world



Helke: Tell me about yourself.
Leah: I have been in SL since November, and since the very first day, I fell in love with the SL fashion world.... Clothes, hair, shoes. There are a lot of awesome designers out there. Sometimes I wish I could buy the whole store!
Helke: Where do you see yourself 6 months from now in second life?
Leah: One of my goals is to become a professional model. In addition, of course, having a solid business with Naive, our clothes brand.
Helke : What are some of your long-term goals? Leah: Continue learning and growing as a designer and as a model... and to become part of the great brands out there...and of course, enjoying SL and meeting great people like yourself!
Helke: Thank you. Moreover, may I add, you are looking very lovely today.
Leah: Thank you.
Helke: What motivates you?
Leah: I think that, when you finish a project, and you do a great job, there is that feeling of completion that really makes you continue creating and showing the world, what you can do... I love fashion, and being a living part of it. I can't believe how many great friends I've made!
Helke: What would you change,if you could?

Leah: It would be to have more money to buy more great clothes and shoes and hair... isn't that what all girls want?
Helke: I am almost sure of it. Any significant "other” in your life at present?
Leah : Not in SL *giggles*
Helke: For such a pretty girl, there must be someone?
Leah : You are so sweet... but really, there is no one.
Helke: What do you think it takes to be a successful model in SL?
Leah: Well, first hard work... you need to be outstanding in what you do and have a real passion for your business. Second, I think that a bit of luck always helps!
Helke: How would a former colleague or co-worker describe you?
Leah McCullough: I think they would say I am a hard working person, honest and responsible and friendly.
Helke: Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?

Leah: I think that it depends on the situation. Sometimes you need to be a leader... and sometimes a follower... However, if I had to choose, I prefer to be a leader. I like to organize, bring ideas, motivate people, etc.
Helke: What do you see in the stores here in SL that you find fabulous?
Leah: I think SL allows you to be whatever you want... wear what you feel like wearing, without the RL restrictions... and I see that in the stores... Designers are free to leave their imagination to fly and create the most amazing things you can imagine.
Helke: Which magazines do you read?
Leah: Actually I love reading blogs more that anything, and that's where I spend most of my time only when I can't be in-world.... but a SL magazine that I love is Style... I really like the articles and the quality of the magazine.
Helke: What do you read in RL? Leah McCullough: I am a Cosmo girl. In my country, we get the Latin American version of it. Every time I go to the States, I try to buy a few and bring them home.
Helke: Have you ever worked with a designer here in SL?
Leah: No not yet, that is one of the things on my "to do" list.
Helke: If you had a choice of all designers in Second Life, who would you prefer to work with?
Leah: I would like to work with Armidi. I love their style, fabulous!
Helke: Are there any special projects you would like to work on in design?
Leah: I would like to try designing skins... but to do it well... it takes a lot of experience and knowledge... so maybe in the future that would be a part of our store.
Helke: What are you wearing now?
Leah: Both the shirt and the jeans are from Armidi. And the heels are from Maitreya.
Helke: Your eyes are beautiful.

Leah: Oh! I love them too! They are from Nevermore Studios... They have the most amazing eyes collection!
Helke: Of all the creative activities available in Second Life, what attracted you to modeling and designing?
Leah: I love fashion... and in RL I'm a web designer, so it really was an easy choice... what better than to combine two things that I love. And to able to also be the model of great clothes... It is just a perfect combination!
Helke: Can you tell me some of the challenges you faced here? What was your noob experience like?
Leah: I remember that first that... I did not know what I was supposed to do... I changed my avatar.. So that it looked, quite good... and I wanted to go out and explore and I did not know how to do that. So that great mentor girl help me out and I finally could start exploring.. I was so happy! I filled my inventory with freebie items and found a quiet place and start trying them all on! It was a blast!
Helke: That does sound fun.
Leah: It was.... I learned what NOT to wear.
Helke: What music do you listen to?
Leah: Mostly pop/rock music... but my fav singer is Christina Aguilera... She has such an amazing voice..
Helke: Currently, what is the fashion style you like the most?
Leah: I like clothes that are glamorous but at the same time confortable.... but always looking good. I usually wear a pair of jeans and a top... boots or heels... something like that.
Helke: Any comments regarding the fashion industry in SL?

Leah: Just three words... I love it!
Helke: In closing, what would you like the SL world to know about you?
Leah: I would like them to know that I am a nice girl. That I would love to be part of the fashion world and I am really working hard to do that. They will probably hear about me soon!
Helke: It has really has been so wonderful to meet you Leah. You are sweet as well as lovely. I want to thank you for taking the time to meet with me and share.
Leah McCullough: It was my pleasure Helke. Thank you for this great opportunity. It was awesome!




Interview by: Helke Duettmann
Model of the Month: Leah McCullough
For: Helke’s Reviews and Interviews

No comments: